We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies performance chemicals in addition to raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals.
What you can expect
- To provide a comprehensive, in-house professional tax service primarily dealing with the corporation tax affairs of a portfolio of BASF Group Companies in the UK and Ireland. This will include the preparation, submission and agreement of the corporation tax returns and computations with the tax authorities and advising the business as appropriate.
- To estimate and report current and deferred for both internal quarterly management accounts and statutory accounts.
- To proactively advise on UK employment tax matters
What we expect
- You will be educated to degree level, be a qualified accountant (either ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified) and hold a UK Tax qualification, preferably CTA.
- You will ideally have at least 5 years’ post qualification work experience in UK Corporation Tax, with some if not all of that experience gained in-house.
- Equally as important to us are your personal competencies. We are looking for an approachable individual to join our small in-house tax team. Your communication and interpersonal skills are key, being able to liaise effectively internally and externally and crucially having the ability to give clear, jargon free tax advice.
You enjoy taking ownership, are a self-starter and able to deliver solutions and information in a timely manner.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
- Full time or 4 day week considered.
Expect to be surprised by the exciting range of career opportunities at BASF.
For further information please contact Georgiana Head at Georgiana Head Recruitment on 07957 842 402 or at email@example.com